Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Two

Day 2

Devos=Legit

Isaiah 49:3-5 3 He said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, and you will bring me glory." 4 I replied, "But my work seems so useless! I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose.  Yet I leave it all in the Lord's hand; I will trust God for my reward." 5 And now the Lord speaks-the one who formed me in my mother's womb to be his servant, who commissioned me to bring Israel back to him. The Lord has honored me, and my God has given me strength. (NLT)

How often do we feel like the "work" we do for the Lord is "useless" or has no affect on His Kingdom?  We try and try to do good, to please God, but in the end we feel as if we accomplished nothing.
It's really not our doing in the first place, yet God chooses to honor us. With the little that "we accomplish" (really it's Him working through us) He acknowledges us anyways.  He gives us strength to continue to live for Him.

What's more!!! He's picked each and every one of us while we were still in our mother's womb.  He laid out a plan, a "commission" for our lives.  All we have to do is say yes and watch as the Lord is glorified through us. It's ridiculous that He chooses to glorify Himself through us: broken, imperfect people.  But through Christ we are made new, we are made perfect.  Through Christ and His grace we are able to honor the Lord with our lives.

Too legit to quit.

***Still would love to hear some of what God is speaking to you!! Shoot me an e-mail/facebook/comment/text.  Love seeing God working in your life!!! :) ***

1 comment:

  1. Yeah girl! That's such a good passage, I love how Isaiah speaks. It's so honest & God-focused.

    I've been reading through Isaiah as well and I'm almost done! I read Isaiah 61 yesterday and verses 1 & 6 really struck me:
    "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be free."
    "You will be called priests of the Lord, ministers of our God.."

    It just really told me that I am called to be a priest of God. Not in a religious fashion, but in a missionary way. I can preach a sermon with my life: to everyone that comes in contact with me. I am a minister of God. And I didn't need to go to school for it - I have the Holy Spirit within me.
    It also told me to stay on track. I am anointed to bring good news, to comfort, to bring hope: to be Jesus. Even though I am soo unworthy, God gave me the priviledge of being his representative. How awesome! And he doesn't expect me to be perfect, he will use me just as I am.

    I love you Jessica. Anndd I miss you!! But I'm loving this 30 day challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete