Monday, July 26, 2010

Five & Six

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! Sorry I haven't been posting journal entries...I have a litany of excuses but I'll save you the time and just post the entries...

Day 5

Acts 10:15 15 But the voice spoke again: “Do not call something unclean if God has made it clean.” (NLT)

Up to this point Peter, a disciple of Jesus, had not eaten anything forbidden in the law.  But God called him to eat all these "unclean" animals (snakes, birds, other animals).  Peter then goes on to Cornelius' (a Roman) house and brings them the Good News and Cornelius and his household are saved and received the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

So who am I to say someone isn't "clean enough" to be saved?  Who am I to deny Christ to anyone? No matter their sins, they're not greater than my own.  They're not greater than yours.  Anyone can and will be cleaned by Christ's grace if they accept Him.  Who am I to stand in the way?

Day 6

Isaiah 51:12-13 12 I, yes I, am the one who comforts you.  So why are you afraid of mere humans, who wither like the grass and disappear.  13 Yet you have forgotten the Lord, your Creator, the one who stretched out the sky like a canopy and laid the foundations of the earth.  Will you remain in constant dread of human oppressors? Will you continue to fear the anger of your enemies? Where is their fury and anger now? It is gone! (NLT)

It says it right there: "I, yes I am the one who comforts you." I have nothing to fear from anybody.  The Lord protects and gives me strength.  So when I feel alone up here in Bellingham (because trust me, I do), I can trust and know that He is here with me.  There is nothing anyone can do to me. 

God rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment