Friday, July 23, 2010

Four

Day 4

Woah woah woah. Posted this sooo late! My bad! I had work....and running...and napping.

Acts 9: 15-16 15But the Lord said, "Go, for Saul is my chosen instrument to take my message to the Gentiles and to kings, as well as to the people of Israel.  16 And I will show him how much he must suffer for my name's sake." (NLT)

While devos didn't "feel as deep" today, these couple verses really stuck out. Scared me actually, "And I will show him how much he must suffer for my name's sake." ...scary.  And yet in reading Paul's letters (Ephesians, the Corinthian letters, Romans!) Paul gladly takes the hardships and lets the Lord turn it into joy. Rather than being afraid of God's purpose for him, he embraced and let God work in amazing ways. Makes me love this passage incredibly more!!! :
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 Each time he said, "My grace is all you need.  My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.  10 That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ.  For when I am weak, then I am strong." (NLT)

My thoughts are jumbled. God's way sweet.  Paul is the man.  Hope it makes some sense. :) But! Loving all the responses hearing people's devos!!!! Keep it up! 4 days down, 26 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment