Thursday, July 22, 2010

Three

Day 3

Hope your devos have been going swell the past three days!

Acts 8:29-31  29 The Holy Spirit said to Philip, "Go over and walk along beside the carriage." 30 Philip ran over and heard the man reading from the prophet Isaiah.  Philip asked, "Do you understand what you are reading?" 21 The man replied, "How can I, unless someone instructs me?" And he urged Philip to come up into the carriage and sit with him. (NLT)

When is the last time you felt the Holy Spirit prompt you to do something? Say something? Read? Pray? Did you do it?  Or perhaps you thought it was your mind just talking to yourself.  I know I struggle with listening and following the Holy Spirit.

What stuck out to me today was "Philip ran..." Crazy! He heard the Holy Spirit and didn't even hesitate.  He didn't walk over.  He didn't stroll over.  He booked it! "The Holy Spirit said to Philip, "Go..."Philip ran..."!!!! That my faith would be like Philip's. That I would run when I hear God's voice.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the insight and observation Jess. I'm praying that happens at Boulevard this Sunday. Also, an open door for the gospel with an ol' high school tennis buddy who is now a top 30 pop/hip hop star in China. Just got to chat with him two days ago on facebook after I felt HS nudge to see how he was doing. I've only done 2 out of 3 so far. Eph 2. And Heb 1-4. - Dan

    ReplyDelete