Friday, July 30, 2010

Eleven

Day 11

It's hard to trust God when you don't see Him.  It's hard to trust His plan when you see "nothing" being accomplished.  It's rough sharing your faith when all you receive in return is rejection. It's next to impossible to take the next step when you don't trust where your foot will land.

It's a good thing that none of it is in our own hands.  Even when we don't understand or comprehend, the Lord has good in store for us (Jeremiah 29:11-13).

Isaiah 55 8-9 "8 My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord.  "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. 9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." (NLT)

As children of God, we can have full confidence in the Lord's plan for our lives.  For the last month I've been struggling with finding solid fellowship.  I have amazing friends! Don't get me wrong.  But finding those who share my faith and want to grow as badly as I do has been rough.  I feel like I'm not doing enough, not sharing enough, not searching hard enough.  When I do share, I feel like my words are rejected.  Even shunned and laughed at.  But His ways are far beyond my ways.  I know He has good planned for me.

Isaiah 55:10-11 10 "The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth.  They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. 11 It is the same with my word.  I send it out, and it always produces fruit.  It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it." (NLT)

It's not up to me who accepts or declines God's Word.  But it is up to me whether I live a lifestyle that screams Jesus.  God's Will will be done, with or without my help.  I only need to trust and give my all to Him.

Thank goodness it's not up to me! ;)

1 comment:

  1. LOVVEEE.
    that's all there is to say.
    lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove

    ReplyDelete