Sunday, April 11, 2010

Need for Speed

I love motorcycles. It is one of my top 5 dreams to own and ride a motorcycle (1.Create and sell a successful CD. 2. Lead worship for thousands of people. 3. Go to Australia, 4. Own and ride a motorcycle. 5. Find the man of my dreams.).  This last week Sir Anthony Snyder and I went to check out motorcycles. Let me say, it was incredible!! I'm so stoked to ride!!! I'm getting my endorsement next month and hopefully a bike sometime over the summer. AAAAAAAHHHHH!!! July 8th.

Some of you are thinking that I'm going crazy. Why would a perfectly sane (more or less), smart young woman want to throw herself on top of a machine that most people deem irresponsible and ludicrous? Why risk bodily harm going 120mph (okay, okay...I'm not going drive that fast...) on an open highway with only the helmet on her head and the leather on her back protecting her? Because I want more than mediocrity! I want excitement! I want adventure! Don't you?

Deep inside we all know that we were meant for something more. Switchfoot says it so nicely in their song
Meant To Live.


We long to live beyond where we're at: broken and failed. We want to be doing something worth mentioning; we want to be flying at 90mph watching the world pass us by and enjoying every minute of it.

Jesus wants the same thing for us. He wants us to be doing what we love!! (Read
this blog post to hear more on my thoughts about that.) Jesus created us for a greater purpose than living in mediocrity. He has created us to live in Him: the furthest thing from mediocrity, brokenness, or failure!! While it might not seem like it, we have a life of freedom and adventure in Christ waiting for us to live out!

2 Corinthians 4:14-15 
6 For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ. 7 We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.

So go ahead! Jump on that bike, race down that highway.  God's called you to live above and beyond this world.  
1 Peter 2:11, 1 John 2:16-17  He's called you to greatness  through Himself!



2 Peter 1:3-4 3 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires. (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment