Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Ascendancy of Callow Fish

Today I have discovered a wonderful gift. The power of Sushi.

At 6 o'clock Liz and I met up with Pastors Rick and Tiffany from New Hope Foursquare at a Teriyaki and Sushi restaurant for dinner. It was delicious. Now the entire time we were eating, in the back of my mind, I knew I that had ultimate practice right after. But the sushi kept calling me back and I could not ignore it. Needless to say, I ate a lot.



At 8 o'clock practice begins. My stomach was growling in protest as we began our warm-up lap. It was going to be a long night. But then I noticed something amazing! After warm-ups we throw the disc around, and tonight my throws were amazing! Solid, fast, to the reciever. Forehand and Backhand. It was incredible! And then the drills began. Instead of my stomach causing me problems my cuts were great, sprinting was easy, catching the disc...okay yeah, I still struggle with that one... but! everything was great. Then it was time for the long pass drill, but by then I knew the sushi was giving me some outerworld power. Long pass after long pass I dove. (For whatever reason Devin was just throwing the discs too far). I was as graceful as a swan, going all out, sacrificing my body. It was amazing.

Unfortunately...by 9:30 the sushi powers had faded. I was back to my okay self. I finished the last 30 minutes of practice tired, sore, and thoroughly proud of myself.

So next time you have a big game coming up, an intense exam, or going home for the weekend:



eat sushi.

1 comment:

  1. What are you talking about? You are always graceful as a swan! :) Solid blog.. Worth the wait.. Yes!

    ReplyDelete