Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thirteen & Fourteen

Sorry Sorry Sorry!!!! The past four days have been crazy!  Waking up early, babysitting, doing church stuff, going to work, hanging with the fam. So my bad for not posting. But here they are!!

Hope your devos are going fantastic!

Day 13

Isaiah 57:1-2 1 Good people pass away; the godly often die before their time.  But no one seems to care or wonder why.  No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from evil to come. 2 For those who follow godly paths will rest in peace when they die. (NLT)

While this passage doesn't explain everything, it does shed some light on perhaps why people who are good and love God pass away before "their time".  Or at least the time we think they should pass.  This passage personally gives me peace.

Day 14

Isaiah 58:11 "The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength.  You will be a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring.  
Isaiah 58:14 Then the Lord will be your delight I will give you great honor and satisfy you with the inheritance I promised to your ancestor Jacob.  I, the Lord, have spoken!" (NLT)

The Lord is everything I need.  Not only does He guide me and provide me with the strength I need to pursue His plan, he also is everything I need to be satisfied.  He not only leads, but fulfills everything I need.  He is my joy! He is my desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment